Make Something Mondays | Laurence Pilon


I have recently fallen in love with the art + illustration of Laurence Pilon, and I have the lovely Melody Hansen to thank for it. You see, Melody actually designed both of our websites, and as such I feel like we're almost related somehow {in an interweberly fashion, of course}. This is indeed a not-so-subtle means of paying myself the highest of compliments as - as you can see - Laurence is a delightfully talented woman. It is no surprise to me that she and Melody found one another, as birds of a feather do indeed flock together.

Based in MontrĂ©al, Laurence works through mixed media, collage and illustrative drawings with subject matter that focuses primarily on portraying the feminine identity. Her fragmented and schematic landscapes depict both fictitious and personal experience-based narratives. To my eye, there is something fragile, delicate and decidedly human in Laurence's beautiful work, creating a deep sense of story and longing.



This talented young artist is still building her portfolio, so the full launch of her website can be expected this coming Spring. In the meantime, I hope her soul-stirring, evocative work has inspired you to dream, to remember, to create and to feel.

Happy Make Something Monday!

xo
s.

Labels: , , , , , ,